Chapter® is the student accommodation brand of Greystar® Europe Holdings Limited and its subsidiaries. Greystar Europe Holdings Ltd is a limited company registered in England, with registered number 08741469 and VAT registered number 179754450. Our registered office is at Finsbury Circus House 15 Finsbury Circus London EC2M 7EB. Chapter gives notice that all content on this website is set out only for the guidance of intending purchasers or lessees and does not constitute any part of an offer or contract. All information and statements set out on this website are given without any assumption of responsibility as to the accuracy of such information/statements and any intending purchasers, lessees and any other person should not and are not entitled to rely on them as statements or representations of fact, but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them. Chapter does not accept or owe any intending purchasers or lessees or any other person any duty of care in respect of the content of these particulars. No person in the employment of Chapter has any authority to make any representation or warranty whatsoever on this website.
The registered name and company number for our residences can be found below. The registered address for all of our properties is 15 Finsbury Circus House, Finsbury Circus, London, England, EC2M 7EB.
1. Chapter Highbury is the brand name of GS Wedgwood Court Management LP and the registered company number is LP013538
2. Chapter Islington is the brand name of GS Woodland Court LP and the registered company number is LP012643
3. Chapter Kings Cross is the brand name of Nido Kings Cross Limited and the registered company number is 06002315
4. Chapter Lewisham is the brand name of GS Sherwood Court LP and the registered company number is LP017294
5. Chapter Portobello is the brand name of Nido Notting Hill Limited and the registered company number is 07113525
6. Chapter South Bank is the brand name of GS Great Suffolk Street Management LP and the registered company number is LP013540
7. Chapter Spitalfields is the brand name of Nido Spitalfields Ltd and the registered company number is 06059074
8. Chapter Aldgate is the brand name of Assam Place Limited Partnership and the registered company number is LP019556
9. Chapter White City is the brand name of GS Savoy Circus Limited Partnership and the registered company number is LP18135
10. Chapter Highbury II is the brand name of GS Holloway Road Limited Partnership and the registered company number is LP018847
11. Chapter Old Street is the brand name of Paul Street OpCo Limited and the registered company number is 11842891
BOOKING TERMS & CONDITIONS
In proceeding with this application you give us express consent to use the details provided by you to undertake searches against sanction lists maintained by the Governments of the United Kingdom and United States and the Governments of other countries as we choose including those maintained by the United Kingdom Treasury and the United States Office of Foreign Assets Control. This will not affect your rights or our obligations to you under the Data Protection Act 1998.
You have the right to ask us not to undertake such searches but in doing so we will not be able to progress your application.
First instalment of rent
Payment of the first instalment of rent is due at the time of booking if you book on or after July 31st.
Payment of the first instalment of rent is due on July 31st if you book prior to July 31st.
We use World Pay to collect and process transaction information.
Your Tenancy Agreement will only come into effect and your right to occupy the room will only start once (a)the first instalment of Rent has been received by us and (b) the Tenancy Agreement has been accepted and signed by all of the Tenants and (unless waived by the Landlord) the Guarantor. Once you have entered into a Tenancy Agreement with Chapter® you will be bound by the conditions of that Tenancy Agreement which is governed and administered under English Law. You may cancel your Tenancy Agreement with us subject to the Cancellation Policy detailed below. You will have the opportunity to read the terms and conditions applicable to the Tenancy Agreement before you signify your acceptance of them. If you do not understand the terms and conditions of the Tenancy Agreement you are encouraged to seek appropriate advice before accepting them.
To secure your Room prior to 31st July, you must do the following within 3 days of receipt of this Tenancy Agreement (these 3 days being known as the "Decision Making Period"):
1. Pay your Holding Fee (which will be deducted off your first instalment of Rent if your booking is not cancelled).
2. Both the Tenant and the Guarantor must sign the Tenancy Agreement.
If you have not paid the first instalment of Rent on the date of booking, this must be paid on or before 31 July, otherwise, we reserve the right to cancel your booking.
For bookings made after 31st July, to secure your Room you must do the following within the Decision Making Period:
1. Pay your first instalment of Rent.
2. Both the Tenant and the Guarantor must sign the Tenancy Agreement.
A Holding Fee will not be required for bookings made on or after 1st August.
Failure to secure your Room within the required timescales may result in the cancellation of your booking by us.
Cancelling within the Decision Making Period
The Holding Fee is refundable if you provide us with notice of your intention to cancel within the Decision Making Period. If you cancel your booking after the Decision Making Period but prior to 31st July, any advance payment of Rent will be refunded to you less your Holding Fee, which will not be refunded.
Taking no action throughout the Decision Making Period
If at the end of the Decision Making Period if you have taken no action, i.e. not signed and accepted your Tenancy Agreement and/or not paid your Holding Fee and/or your first instalment of Rent then your offer will be cancelled on our system and your Room will be made available for someone else to book.
Cancelling on or after 1 August after accepting your Tenancy Agreement and having paid your first instalment of Rent
To request to cancel your booking outside of the Decision Making Period on or after 31st July but prior to the Tenancy Start Date as set out in the Tenancy Agreement, you must meet any of the following criteria:
1. Your application for a visa has been declined. Please note that this does not include situations where your visa has been granted and subsequently withdrawn.
2. You have failed to obtain your grades to study at university and as such do not have student status.
(the "Cancellation Criteria")
If you meet any of the above Cancellation Criteria and can provide us with evidence demonstrating that you meet the above criteria, your request for cancellation will be granted. If you have already accepted your Tenancy Agreement and paid your first instalment of Rent at the date your cancellation request is granted, we will refund you the first instalment of Rent less any Holding Fee paid (or an amount equivalent to the Holding Fee if you booked your room after 31st July).
If you need to cancel your booking outside of the Decision Making Period on or after 31st July but prior to the Tenancy Start Date as set out in the Tenancy Agreement after accepting your Tenancy Agreement and having paid your first instalment of Rent but cannot meet the above Cancellation Criteria you will remain liable in full for the Rent for the full term of the Tenancy Agreement. This is unless a suitable replacement tenant can be found by you, acceptance of which will be at our sole discretion. Please note that we will not agree to a replacement tenant unless all outstanding accounts with us are settled.
Any decision made to release you from your Tenancy Agreement for any reason that does not fall within the Cancellation Criteria is made by us, at our sole discretion on a case by case basis.
After the Tenancy Start Date as set out in the Tenancy Agreement, requests for room moves or for us to accept a replacement tenant to take over you tenancy will be managed based on availability and at our sole discretion. An Administration Fee of £50 will be payable in each instance if agreed to by us and you will be responsible for cleaning the room in accordance with the terms of the Tenancy Agreement.
Requests for replacement tenants received after 1 June within the Tenancy Period will not be accepted.
You will receive a copy of your Tenancy Agreement, including your Tenancy Letter and Terms & Conditions for review and acceptance via the Student Portal.
A tenancy agreement will only come into effect and the Tenant's right to occupy the Room will only start once:
(a) The first instalment of Rent has been received by us in cleared funds; and
(b) The Tenancy Agreement has been signed by you and (unless waived by the Landlord) the Guarantor.